Sunday, April 25, 2010

How can I remove or fade old acne scars?

After they heal the skin turns a pinkish color where it was. I can cover it up with makeup but I want to get ride of them completely so I dont need to wear make up anymore.


Is there any easy remedy? Anything I can use to remove the pinkish/red color? I'm not getting laser treatment. I will probably go to the dermatologist soon.How can I remove or fade old acne scars?
Yes, there is a simple way of doing it but is a bit more expensive than creams or anything else you may have used. I have used this in the past and I think it's great, it's called a Derma-roller and uses the process of micro-needling It sounds painful but it isn't I found it on www.derma-rollers.com hope it works for you.





good luck.How can I remove or fade old acne scars?
It's not possible to completely remove a scar, but a few treatments might help make your scars less noticeable:





Onion Extract acts as an anti-inflammatory and seems to inhibit the over-production of collagen in a scar. Onion extract is available in the United States as a gel by itself, but is also an ingredient in Mederma gel, a widely used scar treatment that you referred to in your question. Onion extract, by itself or as part of another course of treatment, requires consistent use over several months in order to produce any effect.








Silicone, available either as a gel or in rubber-like sheets, has been found to lighten and flatten scars. You apply the gel directly to the scar or use medical tape to cover the scar with the silicone sheet. It isn't known exactly how silicone helps scars heal 鈥?some researchers think that static electricity from the silicone helps align collagen fibers in the scar, while others think it might help trap moisture, which can help make scars fade.





http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2534.鈥?/a>
Plenty of Vitamin E will give the skin a healthier and smoother look.


Get enough sleep and water, as you need to rest to allow your skin to heal faster.


Exposure to the sun will bring out the melanin in your system and also make your scars look darker and more prominent, so avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.


Are you still getting acne? If yes, they will definately slow down your scar recovery.


I recommend that you go to the dermatologist. Back in the days when I was still suffering, he gave me a topical med that worked Freakishly Fast, it was SCARY. Three days of that med and I noticed a giant difference. Too much of it made my skin red and irritated, though. I'm sorry I don't know the name of that med, and can't go into any further details.
Lactic acid peels. You can pay a ton of money and get them done at a skin care clinic (like I used to), or you can go to www. makeupartistschoice.com and buy them wholesale for super cheap. It is the only thing that has evened out my skin! Also go to www.makeupalley.com to see reviews on that skin peel and the other ones they offer (the glycolic peels are great too). Additionally, you can try a cream with retinol, or a botanical based lightening serum (look for things like licorice, kojic acid (which is from mushrooms), and citrus). I have tried all of those but the peels and retinol in combination were by far the best.





Whatever you do, stay away from skin lightening creams that contain hydroquinone. Not good for you! Unfortunately, that is what the dermatologist might give you, but that chemical is banned in Europe because it destroys the melanin in your skin.
Vitamin E prevents acne or pimple scarring and can also be used to fade old scars. Use cucumber or other fruit and vegetable packs to cure pimple scars. More such solutions at http://solutionsforpimples.blogspot.com/
I recommend using herbal cream like Zenmed Scar and Hyperpigmentation Treatment:


http://abe5.com/60y


You can expect great results quickly and easily :-)
It won't get rid of them completely (nothing really will) but mederma will help big time.
Acne scarring is perhaps worse than the acne itself.





My acne scars weren't horrible. They probably weren't even that noticeable after I put on my foundation. However, I certainly noticed them and that was all it took to bother ME.





If you've got acne scars, you may feel a bit helpless. But you don't have to because there are alternatives to getting rid of acne scars. And you CAN do something about it.





So what do you do about it? Well, there is totally a solution ... actually there are many.





These are NATURAL treatments.





Now, just because you hear the word ';natural';, I don't want you to shake your head and think you need to just buy some over the counter miracle cream. These remedies WORK! And you'll find that by consistently using them, your acne scars WILL fade just like mine did.





So without further ado, here are my favorite natural acne scar solutions:





Vitamin E


Don't underestimate the power of this healing lotion. You can get it at any drugstore in topical form. I have a HUGE bottle of it under my sink :) . Vitamin E naturally heals scars by moisterizing the damaged skin. Use it everyday to fade away acne scars.





Cocoa Butter


This one should be used carefully. If your acne is not already under control, cocoa butter does pose the threat of additional breakouts. However, if you're using the 3 Day Cure technique and your skin is finally clear, this is a powerful healing tool. Cocoa Butter will soften skin, lighten the scars and make them fade into nothing. I love this one. By the way, Cocoa Butter also works great on fading stretch marks.





Honey


Okay, this is totally gonna change your life! Honey works overtime on acne %26amp; acne scars. Yes, Honey! When I first learned about this natural remedy, I was pretty bewildered. The sound of it alone is confusing. Honey is a sticky, sugary substance. How can it possibly clear up skin?





Honey kills bacteria while simultaneously lessens the red look of irritated skin. The acidity in the honey evens out your skin tone, shrinks current pimples and will give your skin a softer feel. Listen, I know you may be skeptical of this solution. I was at first, then I tried it. This natural acne scar remedy works great.





Lemon


Lemon will help clear up acne as well as fade acne scars. Plus your face will smell like a freshly shined harwood floor, so that's a plus ;)





The acidity in the juice will lighten the redness of the scars and balance your skin's pH levels to prevent future breakouts. Give it a shot.





You can find a lot of other natural acne treatments and acne scar treatments through the source link below.





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment