Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I find a qualified cosmetic surgeon to remove my acne scars?

I have severe acne scarring and am looking into having laser resurfacing done on my skin. I have tried looking on the internet to find info about Sacramento County doctors and have been unsuccessful. The amount of information out there is overwhelming and I'm not sure how to filter through it. I am looking for recommendations, ideas, suggestions, opinions, anything that will help. I am on a budget, a tight one, and although I know this might sound tacky, I am looking for someone who is willing to take payments and work with me.How do I find a qualified cosmetic surgeon to remove my acne scars?
If you have the deep, pitted scarring, then I'm sorry to say that lasers will do nothing for you. Those scars are ';punched'; out and refilled with skin grafts. Lasers are best for red scarring or raised scars.How do I find a qualified cosmetic surgeon to remove my acne scars?
HOney sounds like you are in a severe crisis to me my best advice to you is not going to a dermatologist they only want your money and well tell you the best way is laser treatment when in actuality it might be the worst thing for your already sensitive skin i would suggest using proactive i have heard great things about them or i dont know how old you are but if you are young you might have this problem for a while u just have to let it run its course for most it goes away if not. try a fading cream that is over the counter but it on before and after bed it did wonders for me let the dermatologist be your last resort and i promise nothing from a dermatologist is going to coincide with a tight budget
I've wondered the same thing. Look for board certified dermatologists maybe. The ask to see samples of their work removing acne scars. I've also thought of getting the names of some of the cosmetic surgeons on TV and calling their offices for references / suggestions. I wonder if your doctor may have suggestions. The best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment