Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best way to get rid of acne scars on the back?

They look dark brownish and a dullish red. I have used acne prescription, which appears to be helping break outs but scarring is resulting. I would like to try over-the-counter products. Any suggestions? And about how would it take? I'm hoping that it would go away in a few months...Thanks!What is the best way to get rid of acne scars on the back?
Before I start I'll assure you that I am a dermatologist and I have advised this remedy to many of my patients who suffer from back acne. Because acne is caused by an build up of excess alkaline on the skins surface, the best way to combat this is by treating it with acid substances. Whilst acne prescriptions and other products can help certain types of acne, it is a little known fact that natural acidic remedies for acne are much more effective. Treatment for back acne must contain a substantial amount of acid in order to combat the alkaline build up. Mix half a cup of lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of sifted cornflour in order to thicken it. Your mixture should not be too thick. Rub the lemon mixture into your back. The acid will directly combat the acne much faster than a prescription remedy would. The reason prescription remedies are not as powerful is that they are often used for facial acne and it is dangerous to get acid in your eyes. I am sure this will help you! Let me know.What is the best way to get rid of acne scars on the back?
You will have to find a way to exfoliate. You could use Netrogena body wash, and an exfoliating cloth, but dermabrasion will give you quick, lasting results.
Nope... Dermabrasion is the only way... Thats where they take a belt-sander to your skin, then the whole thing is one big scar anyway, and you don't notice the little scars anymore.
I've had great results with a combo of vitamin e oil and aloe vera for acne scars on my face. I put it on after cleansing, toner, and then put my moisturizer on over it before bed. Just dab the combo on individual scars with a q-tip. On your back I guess you'll have to have someone else do it for you. It's ok to put aloe vera everywhere but the e oil could get messy.
mederma

No comments:

Post a Comment