There are many over the counter bleaching agents, but to get the best remedy is go to your doctor and get a prescription for a Hydroquinone cream it is stronger. This is very effective but it does take a little time to work. You can also get a microdermabrasion kit at your local drugstore for about $20.00. They doe help, but probably the most effective and quickest solution is laser treatment. I tried everything before I had the laser treatments, though a little expensive. They are the miracle we all are looking for.How to lighten freckles and acne scars?
A two pronged approach to brown acne scars and other skin hyper pigmentation :
1) Use products that contain whitening/lightening ingredients such as:
Hydroquinone: This works by inhibiting melanin (what colours your skin) production. An over the counter product that contain up to 2 % hydroquinone is SuperFade. Higher concentrations (i.e. Tri Luma, Lustra) require prescription.
liquorice, kojic and azalaic acid, mulberry extract: Some products that contain these are SkinCeuticals Phyto+, Dermalogica Day Bright, Skin Doctors Fade Away. (NOTE: I have note personally tried these products).
2) Exfoliation!! After using pigmentation inhibiting products mentioned above, you need to slough your skin celss to encourage new cells).
Key is to be gentle on your skin! Do not try to ';sand'; it using very rough strokes, sponges or facial scrubs.
Ingredients in products to look for that help remove surface skin cellse:
Retinol i.e. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream
Alpha Hydroxy Acid i.e. MaMa lotion
Beta Hydroxy Acid i.e. Neutrogena Oil-free Acne wash
Poly Hydroxy Acid i.e. Neostrata skin care
Here are three of the more popular methods that you could decide to use.
1. Intake of Vitamin A, C, and E. Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that would help the body get rid of unwanted free radicals. Free radicals are foreign particles that result from exposure to air pollution, peroxides and radiation. A better alternative is alpha-tocopheral which is a potent form of Vitamin E. Vitamins A and C, on the other hand, help regenerate skin cells. These combines would allow your acne scars to heal faster. These vitamins can be derived from their natural sources, or from widely-available supplements.
2. Intake of collagen supplements. Collagen supplements stimulate the body's production of collagen. Collagen is an insoluble fibrous protein that expedites the repair of dead tissues and skin cells. As with the vitamins enumerated above, collagen would also help your acne scars heal at a faster rate. Collagen supplements come in ointments, or through laser technology using soft, red light.
3. Good skin care. Acne scars can heal naturally, minus other intervening conditions like diabetes or some form of skin disease. Healing time is estimated at 6 to 12 months. The important thing to remember as you wait for your acne scars to heal is that you shouldn't do anything that would aggravate the situation. Proper skin care can help your acne scars heal properly, and perhaps even faster.
If you are interested in other effective treatments for acne scars, you can refer to this site : http://acne.best-health-remedy.com/
I have selected the three simpler yet most powerful acne skin care tips that you can follow in order to have a healthier skin. These are mentioned below
There are plenty of ways to lighten freckles. But what could be causing them are your improper intake/meal. You might have an excessive amount of melanin in your body. You might want to try to remove it completely. I have a known a someone who is very specialized in this field. His name is Chris, I really respect him and his work. His product is even featured on a TV program. You might want to take a look:
Try baking soda. It can improve PH balance of your skin and visibly reduce the appearance of acne scars.
You can find a lot of useful information on acne and especially acne scar treatments at:
I got the Zenmed kit they recommend and found the skin eraser to be great.
i think cocoa butter will work.
you can also get proactiv skin lightener