Monday, December 14, 2009

Acne Scars?

I have acne scars and hate them. Does anyone have any home treatments to get rid of them that work? I don't want to go to a dermatologist because I'm not fond of doctors, I want to try home remedies first.Acne Scars?
You can try natural home remedies or cosmetic surgeries.





You can read all about cosmetic surgeries for scar removal here http://www.bestoflook.com/cosmetics/Acne鈥?/a>


or you can try some home remedies here http://www.grannymed.com/meds/scars.aspx





Here are some remedies you can make at home:





# Smear Vitamin E Oil Caplets on the scarred area.


# Smear some tea tree oil on the scar to help it heal faster.


# Put 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil on a cotton ball and apply on scar.


# Blanch green tea, soak a cotton ball and apply on the scar to help it heal.


# Mix Aloe Vera and vitamin E gel caplets and apply to the scar.Acne Scars?
The only two things I'm familiar with are:





Neutrogena's Post- Acne Mark Fading Mask


( I tried this, it didn't do anything for me. The active ingredient is Salaycitic Acid, so it's basically just a face wash)





Lemon Juice


(I've never tried this one, but I read that it may work due to the acidity of the juice. Try a google search, see what you come up with)





I know that you're not fond of doctors, but dermatologists really aren't bad at all- no poking, no needles, nada. Unless you ask for some treatment, like microderm abrasion..... there are prescriptions available to help with old scarring. Just putting that out there.
Vitamin E
I tried going to a dermatologist. It worked for the most part, I noticed a big difference after my first microdermabrasion treatment. But since you're not fond of doctors, I have some other home remedies. First to lessen the actual appearance of acne try putting honey on your face. It works wonders for me. Then for the actual scars try vitamin E and drink ALOT of water throughout the day. Hope I help.
Depends on the type of scars. Try a chemical peel mask - Neutrogena makes them. But if they're the deeper pit-type scars, you'll need laser treatment.
tanning, it doesn't help the cancer factor, but it sure does cure acne, and it fades scars and it is helpful if you have dry skin. see my other posts.
you can try using Obagi with a .1% prescription for tretinoin. I am using it and it works amazingly well. Only thing is you peel and are red for the first couple of weeks. And like I said you do have to get the tretinoin from a doctor, the other products you can get online at a lot of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment